Blackened Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lyren: what should I be looking at in armor?

3 posters

Go down

Lyren: what should I be looking at in armor? Empty Lyren: what should I be looking at in armor?

Post  pantone Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:39 pm

Its not just Lyren everyone is welcome to answer.

I am leveling my Blood DK Syzzgy, I dont think I want to tank with him, im hoping he can eventually add DPS. What should I be looking at for armor and weapons? I want Stam and Strength, but if I am not planning on tanking, should be looking more at shit like attack power, critical strike, etc?

As always your advice is appreciated.
pantone
pantone

http://www.mightyfineinc.com

Back to top Go down

Lyren: what should I be looking at in armor? Empty Re: Lyren: what should I be looking at in armor?

Post  Bo Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:48 pm

Pan, with any melee dps class, you're going to look for pretty much the same thing. In order of importance:

(For using a 2h) Hit Rating > Expertise > Crit> AP > Haste
(For DWing) Hit Rating > Expertise > AP > Crit > Haste

Now, AP and Crit are where it has some variation, and some variation within each (stat-wise). For instance, most 2h-weilding dps classes focus more on Crit than raw attack power. That's because they hit more infrequently so they desire bigger hits when they do (and they rely on attack power coming along with the gear, but still considered secondary to Crit). Dual-weilding classes most often rely on Attack power because it will increase the white swing base damage and more often than not, DW special abilities consider attack power into their formula.

Now, within AP and Crit there is some variation. Speaking as a DW warrior, it was always preferential to gear for strength over attack power since it was roughly a 2:1 (2 AP for 1 Str). It's not exactly 2:1, but it's close. The reason being that raid stat buffs would scale the raw Str converted into AP, but not the AP itself. I know that DKs have a similar ratio, though it looks to be a little closer to 1.5:1 than it is 2:1 (whereas warriors are much closer to 2:1).

As for Crit, some classes receive huge gains from Agility. Warriors were never one of those classes, so gearing Crit > gearing Agi. I'm fairly certain this may be the case for DKs, but I haven't been able to confirm it.

Check out www.elitistjerks.com and they should have a DK thread. Try to look for a recent threat that may give hint as to gearing and spec issues, though I'm fair certain we covered what you needed.

-Bo
Bo
Bo
Guild Leader

https://brawlforums.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Lyren: what should I be looking at in armor? Empty Re: Lyren: what should I be looking at in armor?

Post  pantone Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:52 pm

This really helps! I have been gearing all wrong, but it will be easy to change since im only 64.
Thank you!
pantone
pantone

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyren Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:16 pm

2nd Beej. Although I wouldnt even worry about gear until high 70's. No point. Just level and grab whatever gear you get thru quests, its good shit actually. Since I am not running instances, just questing I just grab anything that upgrades my hit and AP. Also check out my spec. I took the +armor from frost to go with my +AP from armor in blood and make sure you get epidemic in unholy, it makes the grind faster with multimobs.
Lyren
Lyren

Back to top Go down

Post  pantone Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:22 pm

i will check it out, the more mobs i can grind the better. I love rounding up at many mobs as I can on my pally and survive lol. (Thats fun as well as non stop chain pulling for Pallys.)

Its funny, in playing a DK, its made me appreciate Paladins more. (Although there is shit DKs have I Pantone had.)
pantone
pantone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down