Blackened Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paladin Tanking

3 posters

Go down

Paladin Tanking Empty Paladin Tanking

Post  Clypsa/Phil Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:22 am

Just wanted to find out from some of our guilds prot pallies what the rotation generally is for spells, looking at re-rolling pally in WOTLK and I want to know how this class is looking out to be in the future.
All I know so far is spam holy shield and consecration, and don't be retarded and forget to use Righteous Fury.
Clypsa/Phil
Clypsa/Phil

Back to top Go down

Paladin Tanking Empty Re: Paladin Tanking

Post  Lyren Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:45 am

Im still working out the new rotation from the patch but it really depends on what you are tanking. I dont even bother with holy shield in most of Kara anymore, I usually need the mana. Usually I start out with Avengers shield, already having seal of badass at the ready. Judge light or wiz. Consecrate. Hammer of Judgement. Rinse and repeat. If I needed to I toss in holy shield when its not on CD. Also use avenger's shield more now that it is instant cast. If the targets are undead cast exercism when not on CD and occasional holy wrath. Pretty much only Kara.
Lyren
Lyren

Back to top Go down

Paladin Tanking Empty rotation

Post  pantone Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:58 pm

I agree, thats pretty much my rotation too.
pantone
pantone

http://www.mightyfineinc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Clypsa/Phil Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:15 pm

Sounds good in terms of spells and rotation, but what about in terms of gear? As far as I know the majority of Paladin threat comes from spell damage, and until the patvh I had seen prot pallys using weapons such as the Amani Punisher. After it I noticed that many pallies are using weapons such as kings defender or suneater from heroic mech. Basically, what kind of gear should prot paladins be looking for?
Clypsa/Phil
Clypsa/Phil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down