Blackened Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geared for healing heroics

4 posters

Go down

Geared for healing heroics Empty Geared for healing heroics

Post  Clypsa/Phil Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:20 pm

Just wondering if ya'll thought I was geared enough for healing heroic now, my stats are currently 1859 healing, 15% crit, 15k mana, 252mp5 (with water shield), and 250 (7.62%) haste, all of this is untalented.
Gear is mostly heroic blues along with a few crafted and rep epics.

Comments, suggestions,opinions, random trolls screaming lolnublrn2ply, post 'em below.
Clypsa/Phil
Clypsa/Phil

Back to top Go down

Geared for healing heroics Empty Re: Geared for healing heroics

Post  Stonewolf Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:57 pm

Well considering 1500spellpower is the suggested amount for naxx i would say you are sitting fine. Otherwise i have no freaking clue how resto shamans gear at this point and time.
Stonewolf
Stonewolf
Officer

Back to top Go down

Geared for healing heroics Empty ^^^^^^

Post  shadith Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:38 pm

What Stone said.

Maybe do an armory on luna and compare to what he has. He's WELL above the minimum. And we brought the completely ungeared new drood into naxx last night as an extra healer, so we can always make it work if you want in as healz.

Let me know! Bloodlust FTW
shadith
shadith

Back to top Go down

Post  Fabled Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:27 pm

It looks fine to me. I think when I started running heroics with the first few 80's and I was healing (because you slackers took your sweet ass time getting to 80) I only had like 1200-1300 SP or so and my mp5 was terrible. I struggled in a few of the places but we knocked down a lot of instances without too much problem.

I would watch the haste though (depending on your play style) as even with the mediocre haste that I had at the time I was running into issues doing the whole riptide LHW LHW. You couldn't chain the two LHW's together because the haste benefit from the talented riptide does not mess with the GCD. It was annoying as hell because usually you can push the button to start casting your next spell before the cast from your previous spell ended which allowed you to cast the next spell instantly after you finished the first spell. The issue is not only can you not chain then instantly but once the GCD is done you then have to have press the button to cast the spell and it has to send it to the server and back again (which is why in a normal situation you can press the button to cast your next spell before your current cast is actually done). I found this to be incredibly annoying because it is the ideal way to heal when not much dmg is being put out.

Also keep in mind crit is something to actually gear for now with the decent mana return we get from our crits as long as you spec for it.

Also keep in mind that I really have no idea what I am talking about this is just some things that I noticed while healing for the week or so that I did.

Fabled
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Clypsa/Phil Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:01 pm

shadith wrote:What Stone said.

Maybe do an armory on luna and compare to what he has. He's WELL above the minimum. And we brought the completely ungeared new drood into naxx last night as an extra healer, so we can always make it work if you want in as healz.

Let me know! Bloodlust FTW

Heh, I'm starting a new semester next week in school so hopefully I'll be able to get back into the raiding game depending on how my courses end up being. Very Happy

Ty for all the advice guys, I've got my spec all set up and I'll hopefully be upgrading many of my quest blues to epics soon.

Spec be right here if anyone has advice on it, it's mostly based of Luna's current spec with a few points shifted around to allow for elemental weapons and improved water shield.
Clypsa/Phil
Clypsa/Phil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down