Blackened Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Add-on Questions

3 posters

Go down

Add-on Questions Empty Add-on Questions

Post  nefarion Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:32 pm

So aside from most of the required add-ons from raiding, I'm running rather bare bones in terms of adding anything to the UI. I keep seeing screenshots of people's Interfaces (i.e. Stone's UI on the screenshot of the day stuffs) that look rather spiffy and I'm just curious as to what add-ons you peoples use.

Reason I ask is because as I keep getting new stuff to throw on the bar and watch other bars (for healing etc) I keep running into either UI errors with the one or two I use, and the rest just seems to hinder more than help with the blizz UI, slowing down my ability to effectively use certain abilities.

Thanks.

nefarion

Back to top Go down

Add-on Questions Empty Re: Add-on Questions

Post  Stonewolf Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:47 pm

If you want to build a custom ui you really have to consider a wide range...some people prefer different Ui's and such but i can tell you the pros and cons of the ones ive tried.

SpartanUI-
-pros: Easily setup Unconfigurable ui. Pretty much a standard change of frames. I would recommend it for someone who doesnt feel like
putting up with making their own.
-cons: The uncustomizable nature of it is exactly what may be what would stop you from getting this. Also the different Player portrait
setup is kind of awkward to get used to. Personally i kept this ui for about 2 minutes and dumped it.

MoveAnythingWotlk-
-pros: This ui doesnt change anything about your user interface that you dont want it to. It's simply an addon to give you full control
of the standard blizz ui and enables you to move, delete, and control what about the blizz ui you want to keep or move. I myself
liked the setup it offered.
-cons: Last i checked its still really glitchy. With such problems of not brining up vehicle bars in wintergrasp or in vehicle type quests.
It also had aproblem of resetting all your frames after logging out. I will probably redownload it once it gets updated but as for
now its just one to keep in mind.

Xpearl-
-pros: I have nothing constructive to say here.
-cons: It takes a lot of memory and i overall hate xpearl.

Bartender4-
-pros: Offers a nice range of customizablity options and is relatively easy to use. Its currently the mod im using and love it. It's main
purpose is to add extra bars to your frame (you dont have to use them) and make it a little more compact.
-cons: The main thing supposedly wrong with it is supposedly the vehicle bug i mentioned earlier. But i myself have had no problems with
it at all.

Other various ui mods i use(d)
-Sexymap
-Titanpanel
-Quartz

Im sure other people can tell you about other ui's that i havent tried because there are a shitton out there.
Stonewolf
Stonewolf
Officer

Back to top Go down

Add-on Questions Empty xperl

Post  shadith Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:39 pm

Hmm, now I'm wondering if dumping xperl might not help my performance.

Really the bit I'd hate to live without is where the blizz default UI puts my target bar. I don't want to stare at the upper left corner all the damned time. I want it at the bottom in the middle. you know, maybe NEAR the actual mob and my avatar?

Anyway. I might try turning xperl off and seeing whats what.

I dumped bartender and went back to dominoes (which used to be bongos) because I was having all sorts of issues with the vehicle bar.
shadith
shadith

Back to top Go down

Post  Stonewolf Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:34 pm

If you want the targets bar next to yours in the bottom Spartan UI comes like that...however thats what i didnt like about it. But if thats what you like try it. That was really the only thing i didnt like about it besides the fact that it hide my stances which i didnt really appreciate on my warrior.
Stonewolf
Stonewolf
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down