Blackened Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Add-On Questions

+3
Puresin
Psychoholic
Clypsa/Phil
7 posters

Go down

Add-On Questions Empty Add-On Questions

Post  Clypsa/Phil Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:28 pm

Gonna be popping my pally alt up on the shelf for a bit just because I am getting a bit bored of the class. What are some good add-ons for mages, as I am thinking of trying one out as an alt now.
Clypsa/Phil
Clypsa/Phil

Back to top Go down

Add-On Questions Empty This is what happens...

Post  Psychoholic Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:11 pm

...when you use mods.

My UI Mess

Mage Specific:
I used to use Scorchio to track the number of scorch debuffs on different mobs, but since I respecced frost I've not been using it.
I've got a FuBar addon with all my ports in a menu.
Recently picked up ControlFreak for poly monitoring but I may not use it cuz it doesn't do anything my macro and focus doesn't already. (oh yeah this isn't mage specific, it works for all classes with CC)

Last edited by Psychoholic on Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:19 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : i was dumb)
Psychoholic
Psychoholic

Back to top Go down

Add-On Questions Empty mage addons

Post  Puresin Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:14 pm

I only use 1 mage addon Crolysis2 and then just the normal addons dbm, omin and the usual raid addons or gathering
Puresin
Puresin

Back to top Go down

Add-On Questions Empty Re: Add-On Questions

Post  Clypsa/Phil Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:59 am

Ironically enough the bottom middle part of your ui is what I've been trying to find for a while Psycho. What add-on is that exactly? I'd like somthing like that for most of my characters.
Clypsa/Phil
Clypsa/Phil

Back to top Go down

Post  Psychoholic Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:37 am

The bar mod? That would be Dominos.

Last edited by Psychoholic on Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : facepalm)
Psychoholic
Psychoholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Clypsa/Phil Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:32 pm

Tyvm Psycho. Smile
Clypsa/Phil
Clypsa/Phil

Back to top Go down

Post  Fiori Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:01 am

I just recently started putting points into Brain Freeze(trying to figure out how much I like it) and I was wondering if there is some kind of add on that will tell me when I have my instant cast fireball ready. Either I'm not noticing that I'm getting it, or I haven't gotten it yet, due to only putting one point in it.

Also, any mages find this useful? WoWWiki was kind of vague, saying that some people find it useful and others don't. I haven't looked toooo much into it yet, but I just thought I'd ask.
Fiori
Fiori

Back to top Go down

Post  Zexmar Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:54 am

Pyramid Head Avatar!!!
Zexmar
Zexmar

Back to top Go down

Post  Psychoholic Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:18 am

Fiori wrote:was wondering if there is some kind of add on that will tell me when I have my instant cast fireball ready

I use --->Power Auras<--- to let me know i've got an instant pyro ready, but it can be configured to display an icon or make a noise when you/target/focus have, or are missing any buffs or debuffs that you specify.
Psychoholic
Psychoholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Fiori Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:15 am

Psychoholic wrote:
Fiori wrote:was wondering if there is some kind of add on that will tell me when I have my instant cast fireball ready

I use --->Power Auras<--- to let me know i've got an instant pyro ready, but it can be configured to display an icon or make a noise when you/target/focus have, or are missing any buffs or debuffs that you specify.

Thanks! I'll check out that add-on.
Fiori
Fiori

Back to top Go down

Post  Fiori Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:15 am

Zexmar wrote:Pyramid Head Avatar!!!

Represent Razz
Fiori
Fiori

Back to top Go down

Add-On Questions Empty not sure

Post  shadith Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:41 pm

I don't have the insta pyro, since I'm frost, but I do have an insta/mana free fireball.

I have no idea if this is part of blizz or an add-on that I have, but when I get the proc, I get a good sized font across my screen that says FIREBALL!

That ring a bell for anyone else or do I need to investigate which mod is throwing that? Smile
shadith
shadith

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:16 pm

Quartz. (can be found on Curse).

Whazzit do? Ever notice how you can sometimes start casting another spell just before the first one finishes? that's due to latency. Quartz figures out what the latency is and shows you, with a replacement casting bar, when the initial spellcast actually ends so you can start your next spell sooner and with less guesswork. (x-perl i believe has a feature like this, but i prefer the customizable replacement cast bar Quartz includes)
Zero
Zero

http://www.travelswithjesus.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down