Blackened Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HEALADIN - make with the heals already!

3 posters

Go down

HEALADIN - make with the heals already! Empty HEALADIN - make with the heals already!

Post  shadith Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:55 pm

So I went into my first raid with my pally (Alcuin) and lets be honest, aside from my ghetto gear, I don't have a clue how to heal with a pally.

I put flash of light and holy light on my healbot and said don't give me an assignment. Gruul's with mostly Envious peeps isn't a real hardship by any stretch, esp after the patch.

So, what does a pally do thats different from a droooood?

And how the heck do you know which aura to run?
shadith
shadith

Back to top Go down

HEALADIN - make with the heals already! Empty Pally healing

Post  Stonewolf Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:39 pm

Well on my pally i find the most efficient way so far is the old way with just a little bit of a twist. On my pally (Stonewolf) I stick with the FoL half spam on MT while watching everyone else... As someone who doesn't use healbot since I hate the damn thing I cant give you any help there. But if you did happen to spec to Bacon of Light already heres what you gotta remember to keep judging the boss/mob whatever. On beta I just pressed f twice to target target of target who was usually the MT (lol irony). And as far as bacon of light goes it was situational use for me since i cant justify dumping that much mana right now on live. If your thinking the same way I would suggest speccing 18 points in Ret and the rest in holy therefore getting about 8% crit boost not to mention the 10% off instant cast spells if you already didnt have it. Otherwise experiment around. Find out what you think works best but just remember FoL is always the most efficient. ;P If ya got any other questions just contact Stonewolf / Archiebunker in game.
Stonewolf
Stonewolf
Officer

Back to top Go down

HEALADIN - make with the heals already! Empty DoH!

Post  Stonewolf Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:44 pm

Totally missed the aura question the first time. But it depends upon what spec you choose in all honesty. I run improved Concentration Aura. I know there may be a potential to roll with imp dev with the reg pre patch holy / prot spec but now that it gives 6% healing it could be worth it but honestly its not worth sacrificing the 8% crit in ret. So i would throw a couple points in imp Concentration Aura unless a regular pally has it then you can throw em somewhere more useful like imp BoW... >.> Anyway...end rant.
Stonewolf
Stonewolf
Officer

Back to top Go down

HEALADIN - make with the heals already! Empty Re: HEALADIN - make with the heals already!

Post  Lyren Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:17 pm

I typically would not be found associating with heratic pallies but I feel it is my duty to try and bear witness to the greatness that is prot in the hopes that I will save a few heathens. Amen.

Hers how you heal as a pally>
1. Place FoL in action bar associated with the "1" key.
2. Target the tank.
3. Press the "1" key until out of combat.

Love you Archie. drunken
Lyren
Lyren

Back to top Go down

HEALADIN - make with the heals already! Empty sad

Post  Stonewolf Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:39 pm

Unfortunately he is mostly correct...About 90% of it...douchebag..which is why i dont use healbot since then there is absolutely no challenge.
Stonewolf
Stonewolf
Officer

Back to top Go down

HEALADIN - make with the heals already! Empty meh

Post  shadith Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:32 pm

Ok, since it does seem like we're getting back to more nights a week for raiding, I'll probably be putting the pally back to Ret and just use her for making monies.

I know from experience that gearing two is enough work for me. Esp when your main is a healer, no one wants the pewpew.

And really - 2 healers? am I just a glutton for punishment or what?
shadith
shadith

Back to top Go down

HEALADIN - make with the heals already! Empty Re: HEALADIN - make with the heals already!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down