Blackened Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Challenge

5 posters

Go down

A Challenge Empty A Challenge

Post  Bonewall Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:07 pm

I hereby challenge anyone to pull a boss off of me without taunt or without initial aggro or anything you wouldn't normally do in a boss fight.

It used to seem like all any DPS had to do was nuke to climb steadily in the threat table. After the patch though it seems like no matter how hard the DPS nukes the tank stays ahead by quite a large margin.

Essentially I'm looking to see if it's even possible to pull a boss off of me under totally normal circumstances without misdirecting yourself or pulling a trinket pom pyro nuke before I touch the boss.

I'm really wondering if blizzard made it as easy to tank as I think.
Bonewall
Bonewall

Back to top Go down

A Challenge Empty Re: A Challenge

Post  Clypsa/Phil Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:47 pm

Giving 100g to whoever manages to pull this off. And paying for their repair bill that run.
Screenshot or it didn't happen though! Razz
Clypsa/Phil
Clypsa/Phil

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyren Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:43 pm

Righteous Fury and spam big healz lol
Lyren
Lyren

Back to top Go down

A Challenge Empty You are ON

Post  Stonewolf Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:38 am

SSC this thurs its going down.
Stonewolf
Stonewolf
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Notoreous Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:03 am

Are you serious? Cause I know I have done it before, and will probably do it again. Of course that flies in the face of your little not doing anything I would not normally do, like not feign death but there is always Vashj to contend with. Phase One is such a pain on the tanking aspect.
Notoreous
Notoreous

Back to top Go down

Post  Clypsa/Phil Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:50 am

Tossing in an epic gem to whoever manages to do it on a boss and avoids dying.
Clypsa/Phil
Clypsa/Phil

Back to top Go down

A Challenge Empty hehe

Post  Stonewolf Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:38 am

Ok new plan. Instead of overthreating with execute i bring pally buff myself with righteous defense and spam big heals then bubble when i pull threat and hearth. Thereby accomplishing all of these feats at the same time
Stonewolf
Stonewolf
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bonewall Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:13 pm

Yeah uh the thing with righteous fury would not be normal raid function. Seriously if you're not going to perform your duty in a raid just to prove a point you can find something else to do.

I'm only curious about how bliz set up the threat for the DPS and if you get close you should really stop. Then we should look at what it is that caused the phenomenon and look in to getting around that.

I suppose my mistake in making this post would be that there would be people trying bullshit during raids to answer this post. Don't do it.
Bonewall
Bonewall

Back to top Go down

A Challenge Empty Challenge

Post  Stonewolf Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:06 pm

Dont freak out bone i wasnt actually gonna be that dumb. But to be quite honest, as dps i still pull off tanks the only reasons for me not pulling off are either 1. tank gave me vigilance. 2. i slowed down. or 3. fight mechanics themselves prevent me from getting threat in some way. or i guess another which hasnt happened yet would be 4. Pally gave me the 2 minute cooldown salv. Me and fabled discussed the new and improved tank threat and yes it is amazing but we both either have to slow down or fabled rotates Windshock into his rotation. Thats just 2 examples. So yes it is still possible to outthreat a tank but there are just more tools or ways not to.
Stonewolf
Stonewolf
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum