Blackened Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fucking druids

4 posters

Go down

fucking druids Empty fucking druids

Post  pantone Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:17 pm

My wife wanted to play wow and she wanted to be a Nelf, and druid seemed the most interesting to her, so we rolled druids. Our druids are sitting in an inn somewhere at level 38 since mid October. We did a shit load of dying. I dont think im getting what it is to be a druid.

I would love some advice, since were both druids, whats the best specs for leveling? We both picked Balance, but I read somewhere "if you want to play balance, roll a fucking mage". Should I go Feral and she go Resto? Should we both just go Feral till were 80?

Once I get to 80, im going resto for sure. The only other shitty thing preventing me from playing this druid is, its Alliance, which means were pretty alone. Considering just rerolling on horde side.

Would love some advice on which specs are best for leveling together - both as druids.
Thanks
Pan
pantone
pantone

http://www.mightyfineinc.com

Back to top Go down

fucking druids Empty Re: fucking druids

Post  Zexmar Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:14 pm

My advice, my very, very limited advice, is to play the spec you each feel more comfortable with. Feral is really great for leveling, and a single feral druid can solo most things, given you know when to use the proper abilities. They can even solo some 3-man quests, so suffice it to say, unless you like leveling resto, feral would be your best bet. Balance is a tad bit different, Boomkins didn't loose the B in their names for no reason, they go oom and they go oom fast.Which is why you'll find the majority of them in raids where they can be buffed accordingly to counteract their lack of longevity in boss fights. If you like a challenge though, there's nothing wrong with throwing on caster gear until you're 80 ( i.e: 'of the Eagle' gear) to keep you from drinking more than you are playing.
Those are just my two cents that I've gathered from playing my druid, who is a measly level 34. You'd probably get a better answer form one of the real druids, like Shad or Grawlk, to name a few. Hope this helps man, Happy Morphing!
Zexmar
Zexmar

Back to top Go down

Post  pantone Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:19 pm

the spec i feel most comfortable with is Protection lol. But your totally right, I go OOM all the time, it sucks. I thought it would get better the higher up the tree I went.

Maybe we can both for feral. Thought maybe a feral + rest combo would be good, since it would be like tank and healer.

thanks
pantone
pantone

Back to top Go down

Post  Zexmar Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:33 pm

This is just my inexperienced opinion here, but if you were to say, go feral and your wife go resto, or vise versa, than I'd think that whomever the resto druid would be, would be unbearably bored with the whole experience because, like I said, a single druid can take care of themselves quite well, being able to heal and fight simultaneously, which would leave the poor resto druid to sit and watch the majority of the fights.
Again, just my two cents. Cheers!
Zexmar
Zexmar

Back to top Go down

Post  pantone Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:38 pm

sounds like we should both go Feral and tear shit up till were 80 then go resto.
thanks
pantone
pantone

Back to top Go down

fucking druids Empty bwahaha

Post  shadith Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:43 pm

You have no idea how hard I laughed when I read the comment about the spec you prefer Pan. That was great.

Honestly - try to convince your wife that cows in hip huggers isn't awful and at least you guys would have friends and the ability to pass gold and items down to your alts. Its such a huge help just to have bags even!

But - if she insists on staying Nelf, I understand.

Here is the lowdown. Your best bet is feral. Since you're familiar with tanky - I'd suggest you gear for bear form and she gear for cat form. The two of you could pretty much destroy everything in your path, heal up afterwards and just keep killing. If you wanna try something different, you gear kitty and she can bear - you can give her good advice. Smile

Zex is right about Boomkin - I tried it way back around 61 and didn't even make it a lvl before giving up in disgust, I was drinking more often than my mage - at least the mage has a large mana pool.

Neither of you has to go full feral. To be honest - most top end feral specs have points in resto anyway (Omen of Clarity is teh WIN for any of the druid specs). Obviously you're not working with all the points yet, but I'll bet one of you could spec into imp MotW for max buffage and put a few pts into resto for particularly long fights and the other could go full feral til you get more points. Look for the skills that give you an extra combo point or crit.

I'd stay away from moonkin unless you happen to be able to make or buy a really solid set with lots of int/spirit on it, cause when you go OOM its all over.

So thats my suggestion - 2 feral druids, geared different - and of course, reroll on SS. Smile
shadith
shadith

Back to top Go down

Post  Zexmar Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:45 pm

Woot! I was actually right about something!
Zexmar
Zexmar

Back to top Go down

Post  pantone Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:53 pm

thank you all! thats what im going to do! great advice!
pantone
pantone

Back to top Go down

Post  Ouchkin Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:42 am

I level as a feral till 60, then switch over to Boomkin. I had a great time in leveling but it was a little challengeing. That is not a bad idea with one going tank and one going Boomkin or go cat dps. If she does go restro, I think she will get bored with it very fast.

Ouchkin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum