Blackened Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

no more haxors

2 posters

Go down

no more haxors Empty no more haxors

Post  shadith Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:18 pm

I think I'm getting one of these. I'm changing my password so often that I forget it some days.

this is a secure ID token that you buy from Blizz that gets tied to your acct. It gives you a dynamic number for every log in. We use them here at work and 6.50 is pretty damned cheap for peace of mind. Too many hacked accts lately.

Link to the Blizz store - secure ID token
shadith
shadith

Back to top Go down

no more haxors Empty Re: no more haxors

Post  Psychoholic Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:35 pm

For $7 that sounds good to me. I haven't had any problems as of yet, and I'm quite comfortable keeping my PC secured, but better safe than sorry, especially if that peace of mind costs only $7.

Call me paranoid, but I just ordered one. Very Happy
Psychoholic
Psychoholic

Back to top Go down

no more haxors Empty yup, me too

Post  shadith Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:50 pm

I ordered mine yesterday too. I just want to get the word out to anyone interested who hadn't heard that such a thing existed. I just found out last week and seeing two more people I know hacked just stresses me out.

I'll post a followup when I get mine to share if its easy to set up, etc.
shadith
shadith

Back to top Go down

Post  Psychoholic Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:22 am

shadith wrote:I'll post a followup when I get mine to share if its easy to set up, etc.

Mine showed up today, and it's retarded easy to setup.

Just go here: http://www.blizzard.com/security-token/, and it's a couple steps to get it attached to your account. It works as a second password you need to enter on the login page, which is generated by pressing the button on the device at the time of login.
Psychoholic
Psychoholic

Back to top Go down

no more haxors Empty just a note

Post  shadith Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:26 pm

I know some people were thinking about picking up the token post-Bo's hack and the store was sold out.

I checked again today and its back in stock - its 6.50, nothing extra for tax or shipping in my case. buy a token so these assholes can't continue to fuck up our game experiences. Smile

http://www.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=1100000182
shadith
shadith

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum